RVRB: Webinar Series
RVRB is MusicTT's first-ever webinar series.
Each hour-long episode of RVRB will be hosted by an industry expert to build the professional capacity of operators in the music industry. Viewers will also have the opportunity to submit their questions in real-time and get immediate feedback or advice.
RVRB - Music IP
Hosted by The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) of the Ministry of The Attorney General and Legal Affairs (AGLA).
The 16th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, May 28th, 2020.
- Understanding Intellectual Property
- Keeping your music protected
- Making money from original and altered versions of your work
- Making informed decisions about your rights
RVRB - Creative Entrepreneurship
Hosted by Gerard Thomas.
The 15th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, May 14th, 2020.
- Embracing technology at another lever
- Becoming omnipresent
- Being experimental outside current norms
- Becoming extremely analytical
RVRB - International Networking
Hosted by Marcus Braveboy.
The 14th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, April 30th, 2020.
- What is meant by networking?
- Who should we be networking with and what's stopping us?
- What's your 'Creative Business Card' and how to use it?
- Making industry friends
RVRB - Making The Demo
Hosted by Randal Alexander a.k.a. Pengco Music.
The 13th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, April 16th, 2020.
- Organizing your session - Creating an atmosphere conducive to creativity and productivity. Creating a streamlined workflow.
- Building the vibe - Music is literally a translation of emotion at a point in time. Here we cover building and capturing that vibe.
- Layering Tracks - Building the beat and recording the vocals.
- Post-production techniques - Doing the rough mix. using digital plugins to make the demo sound ready
RVRB: Making a Music Video on Your Phone
Hosted by Antonio Achee.
The 12th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, March 26th, 2020.
- Phone Settings - Learn to navigate you phone's video settings and select the optimum fps for performance shots and cutaways
- Choosing Your Shots - Angles, Environment, Placement of Artiste & Exposure
- Cutaways and B-roll - Different takeaways to add visual interest to your music video
- Editing - Putting the finished product all together.
RVRB: Modern Day Beat Building
Hosted by Kasey Phillips of Precision Productions.
The 11th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, Februry 13th, 2020.
- Beat Making Inspiration
- Drums, Drums and Drumroll Please....More Drums!
- All The Extras in the Beatmaking Process (refinement, etc)
RVRB: Live Music Productions
Hosted by MusicTT's Maarten Manmohan
The 10th webinar in MusicTT's RVRB series took place on Thursday, January 30th, 2020.
- Who Are The Players In Live Music Productions?
- Skills of A Live Sound Engineer
- Artist Communication Keys
- Productions vs Stage Management
RVRB: Special Edition - The Artist Registry
MusicTT hosted the 9th webinar in its RVRB series on December 12th!
- Background: What is the Artist Registry?
- Application: Who is eligible?
- Benefits: Why Reister?
- Incentives: What more do we offer?
RVRB: Tag Your Hit: Metadata Tagging
MusicTT hosted the 8th webinar in its RVRB series on November 28th!
- ISRC - The International Standard Recording Code
- DDEX Standards
- The Knowledge Panel
- Voice Activated Search
RVRB: How To Make ah Music Production
MusicTT hosted the 7th webinar in its RVRB series on October 31st!
- Essential steps of creating a music production from start to finish
- How to manage your sessions
- Choosing samples for your compositions
- Step by step instruction on music programming
RVRB: How To Go Broke In Music
MusicTT hosted the sixth webinar in its RVRB series on Thursday 26th September.
- The importance of book keeping
- Content registration
- Artist business model techniques inclusive of planning for a release
- How to build a music score as an artist/musician in today's music ecosystem
RVRB: How to Manage Your Artistes
MusicTT hosted the fifth webinar in its RVRB series on Thursday 29th August.
- Marketing Music Based on:
- clear goals
- well-articulated strategies
- a thorough understanding of your product
- The Importance of Market Research
- The importance of Music Data
RVRB: Lyrics On Fire: Song Writing Essentials
MusicTT hosted the fourth webinar in its RVRB series on Thursday 25th July.
Key areas of discussion included:
Focusing on your lyrics
Context is everything
Work it Out - Practice makes permanent
Making your works work - How to secure the bag
RVRB: Music for Video and Mobile Gaming:
MusicTT hosted the third webinar in its RVRB series on Thursday 27th June.
Key areas of discussion included:
- What is music composition for games?
- Game Sound Design basics
- Game Voice Acting
- Video demos of games with Sound and Music descriptions
- How do I get into this field?
- Payment and Profit Sharing
RVRB: How to Make Money From Streaming Your Music
MusicTT hosted the second webinar in its RVRB series on Wednesday 29th May.
Key areas of discussion include:
- What is Digital Distribution & The Benefits of Streaming & Digital Downloads
- Choosing a Digital Distributor - The pros & cons of different service providers
- Playlists, Analytics & Targeted Marketing
- Accessing The Income Generated from Streaming Revenue
The premiere episode of RVRB was hosted by brand guru Josh Rudder of TOVA Group on Thursday 25th April 2019:
RVRB: Building Your Brand in the Music Industry
This webinar provided participants with the following:
- an understanding of what we mean by ‘brand’
- how your brand can determine your success or failure in the music industry
- the fundamentals of branding: How to Build A Brand
- address questions on how to maintain brand image